GRANTS FOR HORTICULTURE NETTING INFRASTRUCTURE
How much funding is available?
You can apply for up to 50% of costs associated with horticulture netting, up to a maximum of $300,000.
Who can apply?
- Primary production businesses
- Property owners
- Share farmers
- Lease holders and businesses that operate as a sole trader
- Partnership, trust or private company in horticulture.
What will the grant fund?
Funding will cover the costs of third-party providers of permanent and throw-over protective netting and associated support structures required for installation. Written quotes or cost estimates from a third-party supplier will need to be included with the application.
To be eligible for a Horticulture Netting Infrastructure Grant you must meet the following criteria:
- As the property owner and operator, share-farmer or lessee, you earn more than 50% of your gross income from your primary production business under normal seasonal circumstances.
- Netting infrastructure is installed for horticulture cropping established on your property.
- Land to be covered had an established use of horticultural cropping before 16 December 2019.
- Costs associated with the purchase and installation of protective netting including throw-over protective netting have been incurred since 16 December 2019.
- You are registered as a primary production business with the Australian Tax Office and have an Australian Business Number.
- You are not received funding from another government program for the same activities.
Please contact the PIRSA Horticultural Netting Infrastructure Program on:
Phone: 1800 931 314 between 9 am and 5 pm, Monday to Friday.
Planning Considerations for Horticulture Fact Sheet (PDF 553.9 KB)
PIRSA’s Horticulture initiative.
Apply for a grant
1. Before you apply, download and read the grant guidelines.
Netting Infrastructure Program Fund Guidelines (PDF 637.7 KB)
2. Submit a grant application form.
Grant application form (DOCX 580.7 KB)
Applications close on 30 June 2023 or when funding is has been exhausted, whichever comes first.
Use the email subject: Netting Infrastructure Grant Program.
Send completed applications with supporting documentation to:
Horticultural Netting Infrastructure Program
PIRSA Rural Solutions SA
GPO Box 1671
Adelaide SA 5001